Thursday, April 23, 2020

New Online Art Lessons!

Now Offering Private Online Lessons (through Zoom):

Student working on 'Horse of Torino' cast drawing.

After years of running a small art academy (Tacoma Academy of Fine Art), along with various teaching gigs and students, I am creatively adapting to the current social distancing situation, and will be starting online art classes through Zoom. I am now taking on students for private lessons. I am excited for this new opportunity!

Student working on 'Michelangelo' cast drawing.

Lessons will be taught in 1-hour intervals
Due to the c-19 crisis, I want to make these lessons affordable, while still making an income for myself. Therefore, I will be charging on a sliding scale. $40 per hour is the base rate (this is a discounted rate off my normal fee), with discounts available to those in financial need, and increases appreciated from those who can afford it. 

Drawing the live model.

Structure: I will be taking the classical atelier approach to curriculum. Beginning students focus on drawing, then progress to grayscale painting, and finally their studies culminate with color painting (see examples below). I use this approach as a basis, although I will also consider other approaches and courses of study, per student's appeal. Duration of curriculum, goals, and meeting times will be discussed on an individual basis, with students.

To sign up, or for questions, email me at: tim.mansen@gmail.com. So contact me and let's talk about your road to creativity!

Take a look at some of my drawings and paintings...















No comments:

Post a Comment